Why see a Dietitian?
The Accredited Practising Dietitans (APDs) at Balance Diet Centre are highly trained and passionate about nutrition. Dietitians are “healthy eating professionals” with at least 4 years of university study. They have the skills and knowledge to assess clients on an individual basis to improve their health or treat medical conditions.
Our APDs have a wide range of special interests, which means we can help you with any food-related issue including:
- general health and wellbeing
- diabetes (prediabetes, type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes)
- high cholesterol
- weight management (weight loss or weight gain)
- food allergy and intolerance
- irritable bowel syndrome and other gastrointestinal concerns
- paediatric nutrition & fussy eating
- bariatric nutrition (lapbanding, gastric sleeves)